Who Is Eligible To Stay At The Tennessee Fisher House?
Guests of the Tennessee Fisher House must be a family member, friend or caregiver of either an Active Duty service member or Veteran.
The majority of our guests have a loved one who is a patient at the VA Medical Center Campus. However, Veterans and/or Active Duty personnel may be eligible to stay if accompanied by a caregiver or if undergoing extended outpatient care. Some exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Please call the House Manager for more information.
Eligibility and Criteria for Guests:
- Guests must live at least 50 miles away from the VA Medical Center Campus.
- Guests must be visiting a Veteran or Active Duty Service member who is being hospitalized at the VA Medical Center Campus.
- All guests must be medically stable and be able to care for themselves independently.
- Guests must have a permanent address.
- Rooms are assigned based on availability, yet some priority situations may exist.
Applying to Stay at the Tennessee Fisher House:
- Please have your VA provider (Social Worker) place a consult in the Veteran’s or Service Member’s chart and a Fisher House staff member will contact you.
- There is no charge to stay at the Fisher House.
- There is no time limit on staying at the Fisher House. Guests are welcome as long as their loved one is being hospitalized. Check-out is expected on the day of the patient’s discharge.